About Panchkosi Parikrama in Varanasi
Panch Koshi Parikrama is the most significant festival for women in India.
Panch Koshi means five destination each at distance of one kosh. Those places are Kardmeshwar, Shivpur,
Rameshwar , Bhimchandi and Kapildhara.
The procession of Panch Koshi Parikrama starts from the Manikarnika Ghat
at Varanasi as well as ends at the same ghat . Women in Varanasi wake up very early in the morning and start their parikrama after taking a holy bath in the sacred water of river Ganges at the Manikarnika Ghat. They wear new clothes while taking parikrama of the five places. They do not eat anything while taking parikrama. They eat only after they complete their parikrama.
It is done in Hindi month of Sawan i.e. as per English calendar it comes in mid of July till mid of Aug every year.
Read More : Kashi Darshan
Best time to start walking tour : Early morning as soon as one can start it.
Duration for walking tour: About 4 -5 hours
Price of walking tour: INR 1200/- for first person and INR 800/- on second onwards.
For group booking : Kindly mail us at - email@example.com
- Well Experienced tourist guide(English/Hindi speaking*)
- Mineral Water bottle(one bottle per person)
- Veg Snacks (Varanasi local food)
- Personal Expenditure like tip, Pooja, donations etc
- Tourist guide speaking other languages(like Thai, Chinese, Japanese and many more) We can provide such guide with extra language charges of 350 INR for first person and 150 for second onwards.
- Drop/Pick-up facility up to Starting/End Point << Click here for transportation rate >>
- Min 2 pax is required.
- Wear sport shoes and be comfortable when walking!
Read More : Varanasi Temple Tour