About walking tour around Magical ponds & Temples of southern Varanasi -
The southern part of Varanasi is known as the Gauri Kedareshwar Khand in the Shiva Mahapurana : the most important sacred text about Lord Shiva, and is considered as the most sacred part of Varanasi. A walk through the magical ponds Lonark Kund : as old as 2200 years, ashrams and temples like the Monkey Temple, Tusli Manas Temple and the site where great poet Tulsi Das wrote Ramcharit Manasa situated around Assi Ghat will take you to the magical world of sacred Varanasi.
Walking tour covers below area -
Start point - Assi Ghat
- Site where great poet Tulsi Das wrote Ramcharit Manasa – Rani Laxmi bai birth place
- Lonark Kund(sacred pond)
- Temple tour in Southerm Varanasi – Sankat Mochan Temple (Monkey Temple) , Tulsi Manas Temple
- Break – have tea/lassi and Varanasi special snack like chaat/south Indian dishes etc.
- Latter visit few ashram where Sadhus (The holy men) live and preaches the people.
- Back to Hotel.
Read More : Kashi Darshan Yatra package
Best time to start walking tour – It depends on the season. 3 PM or 5 AM is the best time for summers and 2 PM or 6 AM for winters.
Duration for walking tour - About 3 -4 hours
Price of walking tour: INR 1200/- for first person and INR 800/- on second onwards.
For group booking – Kindly mail us at - email@example.com
Not Included :
- Well Experienced tourist guide(English/Hindi speaking*)
- Mineral Water bottle(one bottle per person)
- Veg Snacks (Varanasi local food)
- Personal Expenditure like tip, Pooja, donations etc
- Tourist guide speaking other languages(like Thai, Chinese, Japanese and many more) We can provide such guide with extra language charges of 350 INR for first person and 150 for second onwards.
- Drop/Pick-up facility up to Starting/End Point << Click here for transportation rate >>
- Min 2 pax is required.
- Wear sport shoes and be comfortable when walking!
Read More : Varanasi Temple tour